Monday, January 08, 2024

Writing Exercise...

 


I have this weird thing about smells and odours that emanate from living bodies. It grosses me out completely. The most charismatic person or the most sublime entity- the thought that such people emanating BO, bad breath, digestive gases grosses me out. 

For eg; when I watch a scene in movies where the hero and the heroine wake up and then cuddle- kiss- I keep thinking about morning breath- ya, I know they are acting- but I can't help thinking about couples kissing in the morning - grosses me out!

Why do I even think of such things- don’t ask me. Why do I have to let such thoughts corrupt the most sublime images and concepts- beats me. To have one’s imagination be sullied by such ideas is such a put off! I do wonder if any one in this world also thinks of such useless things- I dare not ask- what if it only me- what if I am an anomaly/ aberration- what would others think if they knew that I thought of such crazy things. 



मेरा एक विचित्र स्वभाव है. मुझे जीव जंतुवों से उद्भव होने वाली गंधों के बारे में सोचकर मन में घिन्न या  जुगुप्सा महसूस करती हूँ. प्रस्तुत व्यक्ति चाहे जितने भी प्रभावशाली हो, या फिर जितना भी सुन्दर हो- मेर मन में अचानक उसके शरीर या मुँह  से उत्पन्न होने वाली गंध के बार में याद आती है और उस व्यक्ति के मनोहर छवि चकनाचूर हो जाती है. ऐसी बेकार चीज़ों के बारे में क्यों सोचती हूँ- मुझे नहीं पता- कभी कभी सोचती हूँ की क्या कोई और इस दुनिया में मेर ेजैसे सोचने वाले भी होंगे क्या - पता नहीं- शायद नहीं - यह सवाल पूछने से भी हिचकती हूँ- शायद केवल मैं ही हूँ जो इस तरह बकवास चीज़ों के बारे में सोचती हूँ. वह लोग मेर बारे में क्या सोचेंगे अगर उन्हें मालूम हुआ की मैं इस तरह के बेकार बातों के बारे में सोचती  हूँ-

എനിക്ക് വിചിത്രമായ ഒരു സ്വഭാവമുണ്ട് . ജീവ ജാലങ്ങളിൽ നിന്ന് വമിക്കുന്ന ഗന്ധങ്ങൾ , ദുർഗന്ധങ്ങൾ എന്നിവയെ പറ്റി ഓർത്ത് അലോസരപ്പെടുക . എത്ര കേമനായ വ്യക്തിയാണെങ്കിലും , അതുല്യ സൗന്ദര്യമുള്ള വ്യക്തിയാണെങ്കിലും, അവരിൽ നിന്ന് സ്വാഭാവികമായി വമിക്കാവുന്ന ശരീര ഗന്ധം, വായ്‌നാറ്റം ദഹന പ്രക്രിയ മൂലമുളവാകുന്ന ദുർഗന്ധങ്ങൾ - എന്നിവയെ കുറിച്ച് ഓർമ്മ വരികയും - അതിനാൽ മനസ്സിൽ ഇവരെ .കുറിച്ച്  വരഞ്ഞിരുന്ന ച്ഛവിക്കു കോട്ടം തട്ടുന്നു. എന്തിനു ഇങ്ങനെയൊക്കെ ഓർക്കണമെന്ന് ചോദിച്ചാൽ അതിനുത്തരമില്ല.   ലോകത്തിൽ വേറെയാരെങ്കിലും ഇതേ മാതിരി ചിന്തിക്കുമോ - ഇല്ലായിരിക്കും. അഗ്രഗണ്യമായ/ അസുലഭ വ്യക്തിത്വത്തിനുടമയായിട്ടുള്ളവർ /സൗന്ദര്യ ധാമങ്ങളായിട്ടുള്ളവർ - ഇവരെ കുറിച്ചാലോചിക്കുമ്പോൾ , അപ്രതീക്ഷിതമായി അവരെ കുറിച്ച് ഈ വക കാര്യങ്ങളും ഓർമ്മ വരികയും, അതിനെ തുടർന്നു മനസ്സിൽ തെളിഞ്ഞിരുന്ന ഭംഗിയുള്ള ചിത്രം താറുമാറാകുന്നു . 



No comments: