Tuesday, May 16, 2023

Lost and Not Found...

 


Today the strains of an old favourite song travelled to my ears- the lyrics of which once caressed my soul… for a moment, I remembered how it felt to be moved by music- touched by the lyrics. I realised I had almost completely forgotten the sensation. 

When did Music stop speaking to me? Or was it I who stopped listening? 

The lyrics, the melody that once made my soul soar high, sent shivers of bliss up my spine, left a smile lurking on my lips- and may be even a teardrop glistening on my eyelid…

When did I arrive here on this parched land, where music stopped speaking to me? When did this happen and why? 

And then like today, when a random strain borne by the wind falls upon the ear, a faint rustle from deep within, a vaguely familiar sensation…

A soft sigh escapes from a forgotten yearning- not for the music but for that exquisite sensation gone missing-

No comments: