Thursday, April 26, 2018

NaPoWriMo18 Prompt 3





My writing is all disorderly. So today I work with the Day 3 prompt which says:  "Write a poem that plays with voice. For example, you might try writing a stanza that recounts something in the first-person, followed by a stanza recounting the same incident in the second-person, followed by a stanza that treats the incident from a third-person point of view. Or you might try a poem in the form of a dialogue, which necessarily has two “I” speakers, addressing two “you”s. Another way to go is to take an existing poem of yours or someone else’s, and try rewriting it in a different voice. The point is just to play with who is speaking to who and how. 

SHE : ( 3rd person)  

She struts about like she is royal
Her nose up in the air
She looks you in the eye
And answers like she dared you      
There is no smile
on her little upturned lips
She shrugs her mane
like the wind was her play thing…         
PC: from the www
She twirls her pretty little fingers
Drawing graceful arcs in the air
She sashays past ,with  cheeky impudence
swinging her arms, 
her head in the clouds
You can’t help but
Stand by star gazed…
How can she be so forthright
It is not  her time yet
She needs to wait, she needs to learn
Before she earns her worth


I : ( 1st person)


I am just a young girl
Searching for my bearings
I wish you looked at me
A little more kindly
With a little more understanding
But I shall not ask, I shall not plead
Don’t judge me by the way I walk, talk or look
PC: from the www
Don’t look at me with scorn in your eye
Don’t look at me like I know nothing about life     
I may not, but I am learning
I shall not cower nor crouch
I am not afraid to learn
I too have my fears, I too have my doubts
But  I don’t let them
mirror in my eye
Pacing with steady steps
Looking at the world straight in the eye
Gives me the strength
To deal with what comes on life’s platter
You think you’ve got me all sorted
But let me tell you
The story may be different from
What strikes the eye…


YOU : ( 2nd person)


Don’t you see?
She is a child woman
She is evolving
She is vulnerable
She is fragile
The fingers of life
are reaching out to her
Sometimes in gentle caresses          
PC: from the www
And sometimes in shoves
Be gentle, be kind
Don’t you remember?
How you longed to be understood
To be accepted, to be liked
Don’t you see a little you and me
In her eyes, in her words
And in her deeds?
Is it really not so easy
To cast the gaze of love
To stride along unobtrusively
With a gentle pat, a tender hug
To just let her know you care
Just to be there
If and when needed…


( all images are from the internet. ) 



No comments: