Thursday, November 27, 2008

I cannot watch and yet I cannot but watch...where and when will all this end?

http://mumbaihelp.blogspot.com/

A couple of years ago, we had travelled to Mumbai in a group. We were going sightseeing one day. My husband and son could not accompany the rest of us because they took ill. I joined the others leaving my heart behind in the boarding where we were put up. We took the Mumbai darshan bus. We stopped at The Gateway of India. As we were walking , I went up with my cousin to the public telephone booth located below The Taj. I was frantically trying to reach my husband's mobile and I could not. One of the watchmen stepped forward and asked me to make the call from his cell. I spoke to my husband and reassured about his health, thanked the person and came away. I had just about crossed the road when I heard somebody calling out to get my attention. It was the same person - he was holding out his cell to me. Apparently my husband, not knowing whose cell I was calling from had called back and this person had come running to allow me to attend the call.

I thanked him profusely...

I'm thinking of him today and of many others...

No comments: