Friday, September 15, 2006

Not been tagged, yet...

During my bloghopping rounds, I saw Lalita’s tag- which later disappeared mysteriously- and I remembered the name of the blogger who had tagged her and so I tracked Chet from her comments – and took up the tag- I went around and have tracked down a couple more tags- but I’ll reserve those for a rainy day- meaning for another day when I’m stuck with nothing to blog abt…
So here’s the first one:

Which is the single best post you’ve read on any blog?

Too many to list actually- but right now I remember Scarlett’s post – the most recent one- I love her style of writing.

Which is the best post you’ve written ? which is the worst?

I really can’t say. Sometimes I’m very excited about what I’m about to post- the feeling vapourises soon after. And at other times, I do not feel too good abt a post- and yet I go ahead- but then sometimes the comments later make me feel gratified enough.
I think I like this one:
Shared Milestones.


How abt a place you’ve never been to but would very much like to?

I’m not too keen abt traveling- and am happiest at home- and so had to do a bit of thinking here and decided on Mercara- have seen it in a Malayalam movie- and remember thinking I would like to go there.

If you were a member of the opposite sex, what would you’ve done differently?

Again my imagination fails me. I find I’m just unable to think as a member of the opposite sex. Still, may be I would try to be the most romantic kind of man to my woman (chuckle- the very thought makes me giggle).I’m just able to think beyond this feminine perspective. That sets me thinking- Are souls female/ male/ asexual?? I wonder…

Do you remember a childhood recurring dream or nightmare? Good or bad tell us abt it:

More than one- and I still see them sometimes but it does not bother me afterwards.
I see myself being late – for something- somewhere.
I see myself appearing for an exam with no preparation.
I see myself losing my way- forgetting my way back.
I see an overflowing dirty toilet.
And err..I see myself being spied upon when changing.

I also used to see myself as having very long, thick tresses- not any more tho- finally guess I’ve accepted that its never to be.

Make me laugh, make me cry- put your words to it:

This is difficult. I mean I just can’t command words to my whim- so let me just post a link- which I hope does not atleast make you want to cry: Scholastic Lullabies

Do you regret the unfulfilled dream, inaccessible roads, uncharted lands?

No regrets as such- yes, a couple of dreams more- which if fulfilled I would consider as bonus. I would say that I’m pretty content with the way things are.

What is a friend to you? What are you to a friend?

A friend to me is someone whom I love, care for deeply- someone, whose happiness matters to me a lot- someone whom I need to reach out to, keep in touch often- doesn’t matter if they don’t/can’t find time. A friend is someone with whom I can be just be myself with no masks- fear of judgment .

Me as a friend- I don’t know if I can claim of being of any real, tangible help to a friend- I just know I feel lot of affection for my friends. I can only hope that I’ve been a good, caring friend to my friends.

A friend is someone who remains- irrespective of the geographical distance- with or without the background score, with or without the props or the prompter- with or without make up, with or without applause or may be even an audience- a friend remains even after the curtain falls…

T.S.Elliot measured his life with coffee spoons. How abt you?

With Icecream scoops- dollops of Life- every moment to be slurped, savoured, relished- and then sit back with the remembered flavors…

Write your own epitaph or if that is too hard how would you like your epitaph to read?

Someone who loved, relished and savoured “Love”

Someone who loved, relished and savoured being Loved

Someone who is very grateful for every moment, every experience, every person who crossed her path, grateful for every single memory…


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I found your site by going through my site meter. You have a great blog and your answers are great. So honest and from the heart.

Ardra said...

Thank you Chet for your kind words...
Thank you for the tag...
ardra

Movie Mazaa said...

U have done a great job of the tag!! way to go!! :)

Karin said...

Hi Ardra,
I just discovered your site through my dear friend Chet's - it is GREAT!!
You like tags? Here is another one ... please go to my site - and check the last one out! HEREWITH YOU'RE OFFICIALLY TAGGED - YET AGAIN!! :)

Karin said...

Hi Ardra
I just returned to give you the tag-questions ...

1) Was there any incident in your life which you feel, influenced you in particular?

2) What are you afraid of? Please name at least ONE example!

3) Is there any nature-event, you particularly like (i.e. thunderstorm, rain, snow ect.)?

4) What kind of sport (if any) are you fond of or even actively pursue?

5) Do you easily get nervous or upset? "Blow up"?

6) Do you dread getting older? Feel the biological clock ticking?

7) Are you more a city-person or prefere the country-side?

8) Do you allow any kind of fashion to rule over your taste?

9) Are you more on the introverted or extroverted side?

10) If you'd have to characterize yourself with one sentence - what would you say?

HAVE FUN!!! :)

starry said...

Good job ardra.Interesting, thoughtful answers. I think your life being like dollops of ice cream was cute. but in reality I wish we could all savour the flavors and enjoy the dessert.

Cee Kay said...

"With Icecream scoops- dollops of Life- every moment to be slurped, savoured, relished- and then sit back with the remembered flavors…"

Love it! Beautifully put.

Been coming here but haven't commented for a long time. Sorry abolut that. Thanks for completing my tag - I enjoyed reading it and there were quite a few things that I could identify with. Wanting to learn to dance (or was it wanting to go back to dancing?), for example.

Arunima said...

another tag doing the rounds. I too have some pending.

I have similar dreams like you.

Karin said...

Hi dear!
Will you do the other one as well?
I loved your answers a LOT!!

Ardra said...

Thankyou velu- nice to see you here.
Lalita, yes, I agree.

Ceekay! I too am guilty of not posting comments always- mostly becos by the time I arrive at the party- all that has to be said would've been said- so I come back without leaving any footprints.
But its nice to know that U keep coming back...and nicer to see your footprints on my space.:-)

Arunima, I'm a regular at u'r place too...May your dreams and wishes come true...

Thank you Karin...