Friday, December 30, 2005

Peeping thru cracks in the veneer...


So here we are at the doorstep of yet another New Year…will be a few days until one gets used to writing 2006 instead of 2005…

I don’t feel particularly inclined to look back at the year that was…

The past few days had me busy trying to blog in my mother tongue- and I was successful- had a bit of a tough time downloading the font and the editor- Jithu helped me with it- and then typing in Manglish which the editor would transliterate to Malayalam like magic- and then tho it was daunting- felt mighty pleased after I posted my first full length blog in Malayalam…the comments too were encouraging…

Tho I think my thoughts in Malayalam, I’m more at ease with English when I need to express in writing and now when I try to recreate them in written Malayalam, I realise its not all that easy…but I’m enjoying the exercise…I learnt the Malayalam script from home- amma taught me during school vacations- and though I did not enjoy the lessons, today I’m grateful to her for having taught me to read and write in my mother tongue too…

DH has gone to Kerala on an official errand- MIL has also accompanied him- (every year during the xmas hols, kids and me would go to my parents' place- this year could not becos of elder son’s half yearlies…)they’ll be attending a wedding too- it is a wedding which I’d’ve loved to attend- we’ve known the groom since his childhood days- his parents used to be my local guardians while I was in college- DH too knew them well- many old friends and relatives would be attending – am quite disappointed…

DH, MIL, BIL, Co-sis-& kids all went for the wedding – felt quite green- and when co sis called to tell me how much fun they were having, how much they were missing me… I didn’t feel too good abt it would be putting it rather mildly and politely... but of course I answered in a cheery voice: "Haffun"!!

And when DH called me later- I threw a right royal “subtle” tantrum over the phone- I do permit immature, childish ardra to peep thru cracks in the carefully, painstakingly nurtured “mature” “understanding”, “tolerant” veneer of ardra- when the occasion demands. btw, only DH is privileged to witness ardra’s tantrums- its his pet prerogative- after all he’s to be given the chance to manaaofy me na? I spoke very curtly- formally- made sure he got the message- and he sure did…he sure has learnt a few things in the 17 years that we’ve been t’gether…

he proceeded to tell me how he did not enjoy at all- how he missed us- ahhh- he’s still good at this…and I let him placate me…how I miss him…

4 comments:

aria said...

Blogging in mother tongue wow -
Adipoli .. :)
Thts the only word I know in malyalam n the one who taught me said - it means fantastic. So forgive me if it means something else.
I have often wondered if I'm gonna do better when I write in Hindi - Now thinking of giving it a serious try.
The last part abt DH was really sweet. :D
Wishing you a very Happy New Year.

Full2 Faltu said...

Hello Ardra

Wish you and evrybody in your family a very happy 2006

Punds

Achinthya said...

Hi Ardra,
Thanks for dropping by.
Looks like we have a lot in common!
Darling all that u can do is remove the ghungruu from your ankles. But would dance ever leave u? No way. Once a dancer, always a dancer.
As for me, I have also been 'formally' away from full-length public performances. But nothing can stop me from pursuing dance... I dance at Chidambaram ( no, not the place with w restricted geographical peculiarities, but the metaphorical one). All for Him.

Love and peace

Ardra said...

here swanima:

http://manoraajyam.blogspot.com/

hope u've the reqd font -anjali old lipi downloaded, if not u can download it from :
http://varamozhi.sourceforge.net/