Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Back from obscurity...

“ Do you know why a blog is maintained?’- a special friend demanded of me over the phone a few days ago…and as I was pondering deeply for a profound answer..she enlightened me: “ to post blogs madam”…and as I was digesting that tidbit, she proceeded to threaten me with dire consequences if I did not resurrect my dead blogspace at the earliest…

So Neelu, this one is for you, now that you have transformed the look of my page, I really must post something…

I vanished from the virtual horizon thanks to the net service provider- there is this solitary soul handling all the net traffic by himself- and obviously he was unable to handle it on hiw own … I’d be in the midst of reading blogs/ listening to music online and pffffftttttttt….suddenly I’d be thrown out of cyberspace unceremoniously…after counting to ten, I’d pick up the phone to call the solitary reaper…err…net provider…and if and when he came online he’d apologise profusely, promising to set things right at the earliest- he’d also throw some technical jargon at me citing it as the excuse for the lapse. Often his definition of “earliest” and mine differed vastly. After the technical snags were resolved, the solitary net provider was admitted for surgery ( kidney stone). Now, how could one rant and rave at an ill person, so I was denied the option of screaming at him.

The first few days of net deprivation was tortous- withdrawal symptoms were acute and painful- but when it eventually dawned upon me that this deprivation was to continue indefinitely, I decided I better seek other recourse in the interest of my near and dear ones. I brushed off the dust off my hitherto neglected sewing machine, oiled it …got down to cutting and sewing a couple of blouses and tops. Also resumed my embroidery- began to watch soap operas on TV…did a bit of catching up with real life socializing- reminded them of my existence- gladly they did not look me up and down trying to figure out who I was…and thus I learnt to survive without the net- but yes, I did miss not hearing from my virtual friends…

However, I think that finally my net woes are over… and I hope I do not ignore my blogspace further…

p.s: Neelu- I loved the new look of my blog space...Thank you...and now that I have posted something I hope you will not carry out your threat :-)

3 comments:

bottled-imp said...

ardra, nice new look your blog has.

however, reading dark font on dark background is a bit difficult. may be you should consider a lighter font.

hope to see more blogs here...

Ardra said...

suresh!
thats strange, becos i had changed the default dark font on this template to the wheat colored, and it shows as such on my pc...I dont understand why its not effective on other monitors...
ardra

Arpana Sanjay said...

cool new site ardra chechi!! :-))
love the colours....and the title...apt!! i agree about the aligning though...

Chay