Saturday, January 15, 2005

Random leaves from my vacation diary-4

At Veega land:

Neither me nor my husband are very enthusiastic about amusement parks and all those crazy rides, but then we did want our sons to have a chance at all the fun. My BIL and co sister had been calling us over and so on our way back home, we went to Kochi and all of us set out for The Veega land- one of the best in the country I understand!

Yes, there were all these crazy rides- and I have never been able to fathom the psychology behind getting into those gravity defying contraptions- get one’s insides rocked to glory, come out looking green- and then puke for all that one is worth…but then “fun” has many definitions- Well, thank God for my Bil and co sis- my sons were able to have a blast in those rides with their cousins-my nephew and neice did not know the spelling of fear! - while myself and husband preferred to loiter around…it was drizzling now and then, the climate was very pleasant. But got to give credit to them- they seemed fine after all those anti gravity antics!! My younger one tho, was a little less adventurous. He preferred to watch some of the dare devil rides. We were happy that the kids were having fun. My nephew and neice were much younger and yet very adventurous-

Then there were those games in water, but here only I was the “wet blanket” – literally and figuratively -even hubby had a blast, while I remained standing inside the water in one place, as if I had been punished! Eventually, my left toes developed a will of their own and I had cramps in them…it was quite uncomfortable and I managed to waddle out- afterwards, I remained a shivering spectator…ahhh give me a warm hearth anyday, with book and Music- paradise, I still say…yea, definitions differ…

For me, the highlight of the trip was that I ran into 2 college mates- even though they failed to recognize me- I accosted them anyway…they affirmed that yes they were in the college during the time but failed to place me- one of them did say that yes, my face did look familiar.. not their fault- they’ve amnesia, while I’ve been the proverbial scorpio who never forgets…

But however, to compensate, at a restaurant , somebody else came upto me, and called me- and this time it was me who blinked before the face registered! Yes, another college+ hostel mate…and bonus, she said I looked the same after all these years…there! Now that made my day…
And I forgot, got a glimpse of an upcoming singer in Malayalam movies too…


The holidays are over

And now, I am back here in my household- today, my cousin sisters and kids board the train to their homes in Mumbai- spoke to them today morng- yet another vacation passes by…
School has begun…new uniforms, book binding , getting the lunch boxes ready…reminding the kids to accomplish their daily ablutions, back to routine- and by the time I’ve sent them packing- bye amme! I’m at the end of my patience…phew……and I’ve all the time in the world to rewind and reminisce…

No comments: